Crafted circa 1797, the 24 Mahogany originals of these masterpiece dining chairs were purchased by George Washington from cabinetmaker John Aitken for use in the large dining room at Mount Vernon. The back splat's classical urn is hand carved, and the overall simple and refined lines of the chair are typical of the Federal period. Kindel's adaptations are crafted of solid Mahogany.
COM required: 2 yards plain fabric (for 2 chairs).
As Shown: Finished in Preservation (25) and Fabric S1230-50
View the rest of the
Tudor Place Collection.